What have you done today to make you feel proud? Time to reflect and plan.
The Summer holidays always provide that opportunity to reflect and plan. I always used to come back after the Summer with a new note book (a throwback to school days perhaps?) and it would be full of ideas that I wanted to implement to improve things at work.
My team dreaded it and my husband always raised an eyebrow when the new book was purchased as it meant hours of angst and soul searching.
In the last few years I have learnt a few new tricks and my note books carry less about work and more about me and my family. I came across a set of 50 questions to ‘make you think’. I don’t know who wrote them, so I can’t acknowledge or thank them, but I can share them.
I have put 10 of them in this blog for you this week – see what you think.
You may love them, you may hate them, you may see them as a complete waste of time – but if you read them you will not be able to avoid them being in your mind…good luck!
1. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
2. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
3. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
4. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
5. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
6. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
7. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
8. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
9. Do you push the lift button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the lift go faster?
10. Why are you, you?
Penny Whitelock FinstLM